Greetings fellow tourers
A few people have contacted me about the possibility of sharing a cabin on the campsite in France. Please would you post here if you would be interested in doing this so that we can try to get the bookings made as soon as possible.
We thought we had a confirmed booking for a 1 bed cabin but they cancelled it yesterday. Have phoned organisers and they should be getting back to me but might need to book a 2 bed cabin so would be looking to share.
Hi Sue. Did you by any chance get an email from the campsite asking for a deposit? Marcus, June and I have all just received these and realised that they haven't actually charged us anything on the cards we used to book with. In that email it also says that if they don't receive your booking form and deposit payment within a week they will cancel your booking. I will send an email warning people but I wondered if perhaps that what happened to you?
Also, the only people currently on the list who haven't booked accommodation yet are Dave and Jenny but I think they are planning to take their camper van and book a plot. Are you sure they won't give your single one back if you explain it was a misunderstanding?
I’ve also received this email, and am hoping that my letter gets there in time from NZ! Have sent scanned documents as a back up, and online payment. Hope they read emails. This is more difficult than planning a two month trip to NZ....
Hopefully have tent with room for 4 booked. Just awaiting confirmation. I only managed it by phoning the event organisers and they reserved it for me. Yet to go through payment. My cnacellation was obviously different from other reservation probs. Sue
Hi Marion, as I’m still in NZ, and it takes over a week for mail to reach Europe, I sent them an email with scanned documents and told them I had transferred th deposit by bank transfer. They replied saying no problem, and they would confirm the booking as soon as they had received the money. I’m waiting for the confirmation!