Having just spoken to Ian Maclennan we felt it might be useful to post this email on to the Forum regarding this Saturday's row. So far there are 7 members signed up so looks good. Latest weather forecast for 10.30 tomorrow is 9C, 19mph SSW, light cloud for 3 hours.
I thought I might row over from Hayling there has been so much rain!!.
This is Ian's email:-
Ahoy there, Cutters!
It falls to me to organise this Saturday’s row, so it’s time to dust off your organiser and see if you can join us….
The tentative programme is as follows:
Meet at the boat park next to the Langstone Mill at 1030 hrs.
Sadly, the weather forecast is rather grim at between 5C and 8C with light rain, blowing a South South Westerly, at around 18 mph.
If this forecast is right, I would plan a short outing to Emsworth sheltering on the Hayling shore, cutting across to row up the channel to Emsworth for a warming cuppa at the cafe or a pint at the pub at around 1200 - 1230 hrs. and then returning within a hour of that, aiming to be back no later than 1500 hrs. The tide is 4.5 m at 1242 hrs. so there should be a reasonable amount of water.
Depending on interest we will take a Solent Galley, Clayton or a whole flotilla. First e-mails received will definitely get a place, late comers will be accommodated if possible, but get in quick to guarantee a place.
Please reply to this e-mail confirming your interest and indicating a preference of boat, if you have one. I will e-mail you back to confirm a place, so that we all know who is signed up. Three of us are confirmed so far….
In the event that the weather is bad enough to require cancellation I will e-mail everyone who has a confirmed place by 0900 hrs. on the day. If the weather looks questionable, please check your e-mail before coming to the Mill but after 0900 hrs. on Saturday.
Questions or suggestions? E-mail me back or give me a call (land line 02392480570; mobile 07785998591).