On Saturday 8th November there is a good tide close to midday (1153 hrs. 5.0m) and so lunch in Emsworth is on the programme.
I am proposing to meet at 10.30 a.m. and aim to be in Emsworth by 12 noon at the latest. Lunch at the Blue Bell on South Street - check out their menu here.
We will then repair to the boats for the return trip at 1 p.m. prompt, which should allow us to be back at Langstone in the 2 - 2.30 p.m. window at the latest, and hopefully just before the forecast heavy showers.
Weather is supposed to be clement as I type (light cloud only, 13C but with quite a stiff southerly wind of 25 mph....), but heavy showers coming in around 2 p.m. - if you believe the BBC's crystal ball.
Those interested please reply to this thread and I will try to reserve an early table at the Blue Bell. The quicker you sign up, the more likely it is you will get a seat at the table!
Please watch this thread and posts to it re: progress of the event. If the weather turns uncomfortable I will make a separate post to cancel by 9 a.m. on the day.
Hi guys, I have just been out in a gig and the conditions are bad and the wind is strengthening. Not smart to risk it, so I am CANCELLING the row. Stand down and let's row together another time. Cheers, Ian