Sorry but I have Saturday morning surgery to do until 10.45. I could possibly get to Lanstone by 11.15 and have a quick outing until 12 but you may want to get out earlier with another crew. I'm fine for rowing all day Sunday
Last minute changes to plans are always bad, and I personally always try to make sure that any decision to cancel is made the night before and posted on the forum. Having said that, everyone having everyone's mobile number is obviously good, for boat to boat communications as well.
As mentioned in the Saturday thread, the double trailer is inaccessible for the weekend so we will be rowing out from the Mill. The upside of this is that we don't have to load up the boats and trailer them back afterwards. We will, however, have to return immediately after the race while there is still enough water.
First thing on Saturday we need to get the galleys round to Northney for the weekend, where they will stay overnight on the work pontoon in the marina, so could as many as possible meet in the boat park at 08.00. After getting the boats in water Langstone Lady will be going for a training row and if the other galleys want to come too that would be a jolly good idea. We have to return by 12.00 at the latest to take the non-gigs on an excursion to Emsworth (there is another post on that).
On Sunday, please be at the marina by 11.00. The coxswains' briefing is at 12.00 and the start is at 13.00.
After the race, we need to get the boats back on the trailers. I suggest this is best done as soon as we have got our breath back from the race, while there are still lots of people round the slipway that can give a hand.
If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below: