Help wanted with Coastal Rowing Open Day 28th July 10.00-16.00

Help wanted with Coastal Rowing Open Day 28th July 10.00-16.00

Mike Gilbert
Havant Borough Council have put together a series of events in order to get people over 50, who are inactive, to get active.

Its called Get up and Go... and the one of the elements is rowing in fixed seat coastal boats.

I have been helping them design the programme which will start an Open Day at Northney Marina on the 28th July running from 10am to 4pm; based at Unit 3 and using the St Ayles Skiffs operating from the pontoon.

The idea is to encourage people who are inactive, and have never rowed before, to have a go... explore the harbour and get socially interactive.

They will then be encouraged to then sign up for a 6 week Learn to Row course in a number of evenings over August/September. HBC are subsidising these courses.

The idea is they will then feel happy to join the Langstone Cutters Rowing Club.

Do you know of someone who might benefit?

Is anyone willing to give an hour or 2 on the 28th July to help out advise, row and guide these candidates?

If so, post here or email me at mike@langstonerowing.co.uk

Re: Help wanted with Coastal Rowing Open Day 28th July 10.00-16.00

BobbyClayton
I Can possible give you couple of hours, if thats any help
Bobby

NAML

Re: Help wanted with Coastal Rowing Open Day 28th July 10.00-16.00

Sue Loveridge
I could help for a couple of hours.  Will be at Marina for mied rowing at 11.00 so could come earlier and help afterwards.  Sue

Re: Help wanted with Coastal Rowing Open Day 28th July 10.00-16.00

Mike Gilbert
Brilliant many thanks Sue...

Mike Gilbert
Langstone Adventure Rowing

+ 44 (0) 7767 350 512
+ 44 (0) 2392 451 846

"Only the guy who isn't rowing has time to rock the boat." Jean-Paul Sartre

On 8 July 2018 at 19:39, Sue Loveridge [via Langstone Cutters RC] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I could help for a couple of hours.  Will be at Marina for mied rowing at 11.00 so could come earlier and help afterwards.  Sue

NAML

Re: Help wanted with Coastal Rowing Open Day 28th July 10.00-16.00

James Griffin
Yes ,I can help the old folks !

Re: Help wanted with Coastal Rowing Open Day 28th July 10.00-16.00

shahnaz
Hi Mike , i am happy to help on 28.07.2018,

Re: Help wanted with Coastal Rowing Open Day 28th July 10.00-16.00

Mike Gilbert
Many thanks...  the team is building!!...

Mike Gilbert
Langstone Adventure Rowing

+ 44 (0) 7767 350 512
+ 44 (0) 2392 451 846

"Only the guy who isn't rowing has time to rock the boat." Jean-Paul Sartre

On 9 July 2018 at 19:07, James Griffin [via Langstone Cutters RC] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes ,I can help the old folks !

NAML

NAML

Re: Help wanted with Coastal Rowing Open Day 28th July 10.00-16.00

Linda Medlow
Hi Mike

I can help be glad to get back on the water

Re: Help wanted with Coastal Rowing Open Day 28th July 10.00-16.00

Andy Mac
Hi Mike

I am up in Suffolk over the weekend, but have added this event to the rowing diary.

Needless to say, any and all support, input, involvement and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hope all to order.

Best
Andy