Excursion Row - Sat 28 March (Advance notice)

Excursion Row - Sat 28 March (Advance notice)

Mark Taylor
This is to give advanced notice of an  excursion row on Sat 28th March. I will re-post nearer the time for people to sign up . This is an opportunity for you to get the details in your diary. As ever, this is all subject to the weather on the day:-

Emsworth Slipper Sailing Club, are keen to possibly start a rowing sub section. Joining the likes of Itchenor, Bosham, Del Quay, Tudor and Eastney Cruisings as local sailing clubs that have done the same.

The plan will be as follows:-

Meet at Langstone at 11:30
Prepare boats for departure before 12:00 and row to Emsworth
On arrival at Emsworth, we will take Slipper Members out to experience fixed-seat rowing. Some LCRC  members can enjoy the bar and meals over the lunch time at The Slipper, some can help with coxing and rowing with our hosts. Then we can swap round before departing for Langstone at 15:00. If we have more interest than boats available, some could also travel by land to Emsworth and participate.

Ideally, it would be good to have at least two boats of one class to permit some competitive rowing.

Tidal details are  HW 13:59 4.5 Mtrs

Hugh Kennedy, the commodore of ESSC, has publicised as follows:-
Anyone for rowing?
Rowing is on!
Real rowing in Langstone Cutter club’s fixed seat traditional rowing boats.
The date is lunchtime on Saturday 28 March.
Let’s make this a fun Saturday lunchtime at the club.
Rowing for all - a taster with the possibility of a little competition as well?!
Lunch and drinks for the spectators, Langstone Cutter visitor’s and Slipper rowers alike!
What is not to like?!
Mark Taylor
Phone 023 9248 4492
Mobile 0777 226 3299
Email md_taylor@live.co.uk

Re: Excursion Row - Sat 28 March (Advance notice)

MartinS
I'm up for that Mark.

Re: Excursion Row - Sat 28 March (Advance notice)

Tom Bennett
I'll join you. Tom

Re: Excursion Row - Sat 28 March (Advance notice)

ron and cheryl
Hi Mark, Ron and Cheryl for this please ~ Cheers

Re: Excursion Row - Sat 28 March (Advance notice)

Joan
I'm interested.  Joan

Re: Excursion Row - Sat 28 March (Advance notice)

Rachel
I would like to join in Mark

Re: Excursion Row - Sat 28 March (Advance notice)

Colin McPhee
Dear Mark Please can I come out to play Best Wishes Colin

Re: Excursion Row - Sat 28 March (Advance notice)

Matt
I’d love to join please Mark
Matt

Re: Excursion Row - Sat 28 March (Advance notice)

john d. pearce
Hi
Please count me in for this one

Re: Excursion Row - Sat 28 March (Advance notice)

Alison b
I would like to join this row please.