Quantcast

Bank Holiday Fun Day at the Witterings with the Gig Club

Bank Holiday Fun Day at the Witterings with the Gig Club

Mike Gilbert
... Cutters we have been invited to join the Gig Club's proposed Spring  Bank Holiday row with games, Kite flying and a picnic, on Monday 29th May to The Hinge, West Wittering. High tide 3 pm 4.8 mtrs..

Any interest then please post as usual on the Forum...
Dee

Re: Bank Holiday Fun Day at the Witterings with the Gig Club

Dee
Yes please
Dee

Re: Bank Holiday Fun Day at the Witterings with the Gig Club

Mark taylor
Lovely idea. However with our tide restrictions, it would be a quick dash down, half an hour ashore and a return. Unless we could leave out craft at northney.

Re: Bank Holiday Fun Day at the Witterings with the Gig Club

Mo Evans
Yes please, Sounds like fun, Can I bring my kite?
Mo

Re: Bank Holiday Fun Day at the Witterings with the Gig Club

BobbyClayton
Yes please ,loving more fun
Bobby

Re: Bank Holiday Fun Day at the Witterings with the Gig Club

Andy Mac
This post was updated on .
Last year we towed to Northney and launched and recovered from there Mark. Hence we were able to enjoy several hours of fun and games with the Giggers. If we launch from The Mill 2.5 hours before HW on a 4.8 Tide we should have five hours of the tide to work with, but that would only give us two hours on the beach. It took a good hour and a half to row down there, get ashore and safely recover the boats.

Hope this helps.

Best
Andy

Re: Bank Holiday Fun Day at the Witterings with the Gig Club

Lesley Kent
I'd like to join in please, Lesley

Re: Bank Holiday Fun Day at the Witterings with the Gig Club

Joe and Linda Levy
Yes please ,sounds great .

Joe and Linda

Re: Bank Holiday Fun Day at the Witterings with the Gig Club

sharon
Weather looks glorious for Monday. To help those travelling by road or sea please see map below.
Look forward to seeing everyone there. For further details click onto the gig club forum.

Re: Bank Holiday Fun Day at the Witterings with the Gig Club

Mo Evans
Sorry to pull out. I'm joining Marcus's GRR team on Sunday for practice, so will miss this one open the grounds of it possibly being a step too far!

Mo
Dee

Re: Bank Holiday Fun Day at the Witterings with the Gig Club

Dee
Is this row still on please ?

Re: Bank Holiday Fun Day at the Witterings with the Gig Club

Christine
Dee, good question, the gig side are definitely going.  Is there someone who wants to organise joining them or even our own local row? I'm afraid I cannot commit as no baby arrived yet!  Mark would you like to take this one on?
Christine